�

* Tuesday, July 18, 2006 *
Stupid Subject Head
I will do a "Zidane" on stupid subject head if S'pore is lawless!Today was my lesson observation. I don't know why this observation should have ever taken place, cos' I have already been observed by my HOD last term. Our subject head, who likes power, obviously want to show she still have power (when she is so powerless infront of other departments!), make us prepare lesson for her to observe! She doesn't even write my report and she still wants to see my lesson! WTF!
At the end of the observation, I told my kids to turn around and say thank you and goodbye to her. And what did my pupils got? A good lecturing by the stupid woman again! She said " Well, you all got listen to your teacher's teaching lah, but then, I still saw some of you involved in small talks and some of you seem like day dreaming! And you all like to interrupt your teacher by giving him answers that he asked!" Wah piang, please lor, my pupils were so well-behaved today! After I left the class, she came to my desk and straight away, I confronted her! I asked "Why do you have to scold my pupils when they are already so well-behaved?" She said "Ya, they are ok, but still some of them like to interrupt you which is not supposed to be the way!" I replied "C'mon, some of them interrupted only because they were so eager to answer my questions lor! Do we want a bunch of pupils who just keep quiet and not involved with the lesson? Of course, those who interrupted too much, I will stopped them what?! You think I am dumb is it?" Wah lau, I tell you, it feels shiok to confront her and speak up for my pupils!
Do what you think is right, and do not be afraid to speak up for your rights! We've been trained to say "Yes, yes, yes..." Now it's the time for us to speak up, let our thoughts be known and make sure others don't think we are weaklings (Bing Mao!)
~mykk~